PRESCHOOL SUMMER PROGRAM 2013
Welcome to the Mackworth Island Preschool Summer Program! We will be doing a lot of fun activities during this five week session. Each week we will spend time in and out of the classroom exploring the beautiful natural surroundings of Mackworth Island while focusing on continued development of language and literacy skills, problem solving skills, as well as developing personal and social relationships.
The preschool summer team consists of Stephanie Hughes – teacher, Amy Hunt- Speech Language Pathologist, Chantel Dione-OT, Chris Costello-PT, and four teaching assistants. Karen Hopkins will be coordinating our program.
Please fill out the Enrollment Form to ensure we have accurate contact and emergency contact information for the summer. Also, please return the Sunscreen/ Bug Spray Release Form with your child as well. Without this, we will not be able to apply sunscreen to your child to help protect them from the sun!
Here is some important information to keep in mind:
- The Preschool Summer Program will run from 8:45-12 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from July 9th- Aug 8nd.
- PLEASE arrive ontime to access the complete summer of fun and learning!!!!
- Contact information for the summer program is:
- If your child will be absent please call or email the teachers to let us know.
- If your child is utilizing a transportation agency please make sure that this is scheduled. If you need assistance, please contact your CDS case manager.
- Snack will be provided each day (juice, water, crackers, fresh fruit etc)
- Please send a lunch daily with your child.
- If your child is not potty trained please send in wipes and diapers/pull-ups.
- Please send your child to school with the following items:
- Bug Spray
- Bathing suit (we will send this home at the end of each week to be washed. Also, if your child wears diapers, please send one diaper a day that can go in water).
- Water Shoes or sandals that can get wet.
- Towel (this will be sent home at the end of the week to be washed).
- An extra change of clothes
- Hat and/or sunglasses
- For parents/guardians of students who wear hearing aids and/or cochlear implant processors:
We do not have an audiologist on staff during the summer programs. Summer staff will be able to change hearing aid/CI processor batteries when needed. In order to assist us in ensuring full access for your child, please:
- Check your child’s device(s) at home each morning to make sure they are working.
- Keep spare hearing aid batteries in your child’s backpack
- Put your child’s device(s) on them before school or as soon as they arrive if you are transporting them or if you are certain your child will not remove their device if transportation is being provided. If your child cannot wear their devices during transportation, please alert the staff if you want them to put on the devices when your child arrives.
- Please inform summer staff of any special considerations regarding your child’s hearing technology (i.e. program to be used on their CI processor).
Hearing Aid Insurance/Warranty
MECDHH/GBSD does not carry insurance to cover accidental loss, theft or damage to hearing aids or cochlear implant processors. Please contact your primary care audiologist or hearing aid dispenser to purchase a repair warranty or loss/damage insurance if your child’s hearing aids are not currently covered.
Please feel free to call or email with any questions or concerns.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Mackworth Island Preschool Staff
***FYI: Extended School Year is offered to Deaf and Hard of Hearing children with IEPs.***