Our consulting staff includes: American Sign Language (ASL) Specialists; Educational Audiologists; Occupational Therapists (OTs); Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs); Physical Therapists (PTs); Social Workers; and Teachers of the Deaf (TODs).
- Consultative services are free to schools that serve students who are deaf or hard of hearing. Our goal is to assist public school personnel with implementing an appropriate and positive educational experience for any student from 3 to 22 years old who is deaf or hard of hearing.
- We support all communication choices.
- We encourage the development of the whole child.
- We are a family-focused organization and respect the critical role that parents and families play in the lives of the children we serve.
- We are embedded onto each child’s IEP or 504 plan and become full team members.
- To ensure that students, parents and professionals have access to educational environments and services regardless of their geographical location in Maine, we support the creative use of all forms of technology including hearing assistive technology, video conferencing, videophones, and appropriate use of social networking systems, etc.